Hello! I'm Kim
Hi! My name is Kim and I am a mom to two amazing children. I realized my calling was to help families in their pregnancy, labor & postpartum journeys after hiring my own doula for the birth of my son. The birth of my first child didn't go quite as I expected and I knew the second time around I had very specific goals. After learning about birth doulas I knew that I need one on my team to achieve the birth I wanted the second time around! Since then I have dove head first into the world of birth work and lactation support. In 2018 I began my journey as a postpartum doula, becoming certified with DONA International in 2019. I also decided to certify as a birth doula in 2019 with DONA International. After my own challenges with breastfeeding, I realized the lack of quality lactation support and how important proper support is for breastfeeding success. I soon realized that helping families with their breastfeeding journeys was also a passion of mine. In 2019 I became a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor through UC San Diego and have since completed my Lactation Consultant education and clinical training with them as well and am currently waiting to sit for my IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) exam in Fall 2021. The IBCLC designation is the highest level of lactation specialist and I cannot wait to hold this designation and help families with their breastfeeding goals!
My passion is to help families easily and successfully navigate through pregnancy, labor and the fourth trimester.
Training & Qualifications:
- Certified Lactation Consultant, UCSD (2021)
- Certified Childbirth Educator, CAPPA (in progress)
- Certified Birth Doula, DONA International (2019)
- Certified Postpartum Doula, DONA International (2019)
- Certified Lactation Educator Counselor, UCSD (2019)
- Full Spectrum Doula Training, Cornerstone (2019)
- Adopting Trauma Informed Care for Birth Professionals, Jesse Remer & Astrid Castro (2019)
- Doula Tool Kit: Acupressure, Teri Nava-Anderson (2019)
- Doula Tool Kit: Rebozo, Teri Nava-Anderson (2019)
- Newborn Care Specialist Training, Newborn Care Training Academy (2019)
- Trustline Registry, State of California (2019)
- CPR Certified, American Heart Association (2018-current)