Hello! I'm Kim
Hi! My name is Kim and I am a mom to two amazing kids. I realized my calling was to help families in their pregnancy, labor & postpartum journeys after hiring my own doula for the birth of my son. The birth of my first child didn't go quite as I expected and I knew the second time around I had very specific goals. After learning about birth doulas I knew that I needed one on my team to achieve the birth I wanted the second time around! Since then I have dove head first into the world of birth work and lactation support. In 2018 I began my journey as a postpartum doula, becoming certified with DONA International in 2019. I also decided to certify as a birth doula in 2019 with DONA International. After my own challenges with breastfeeding, I realized the lack of quality lactation support and how important proper support is for breastfeeding success. I soon realized that helping families with their breastfeeding journeys was my favorite thing to do! In 2019 I became a Lactation Educator through UC San Diego and have since completed my Lactation Consultant education and clinical training and am now an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
I am passionate about helping families successfully navigate through their postpartum and breastfeeding journeys.
Training & Qualifications:
- Lactation Consultant, UCSD (2021)
- Childbirth Educator, CAPPA (2021)
- Certified Birth Doula, DONA International (2019)
- Certified Postpartum Doula, DONA International (2019)
- Lactation Educator Counselor, UCSD (2019)
- Full Spectrum Doula Training, Cornerstone (2019)
- Adopting Trauma Informed Care for Birth Professionals, Jesse Remer & Astrid Castro (2019)
- Doula Tool Kit: Acupressure, Teri Nava-Anderson (2019)
- Doula Tool Kit: Rebozo, Teri Nava-Anderson (2019)
- Newborn Care Specialist Training, Newborn Care Training Academy (2019)
- Trustline Registry, State of California (2019)
- CPR Certified, American Heart Association (2018-current)