Proudly providing birth, postpartum & lactation support to those in the Central Valley, Tri-Valley, Bay area and Sacramento area.
My name is Kim and I am a mom to two amazing kiddos. I realized my calling was to help families in their pregnancy, labor & postpartum journeys after hiring my own doula for the birth of my son. Since then I have dove head first into the doula world! I am a Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula with DONA International, a trained Newborn Care Specialist, a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor through UCSD. I am now in the process of becoming a Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). I am passionate about all things pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and postpartum. I have over 15 years of experience caring for infants and children. I have firsthand experience with Cesarean births and recovery, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) birth and recovery as well as exclusively pumping, bottle-feeding and the trials and tribulations of breastfeeding. My passion is to help families easily and successfully navigate through pregnancy, labor and the fourth trimester.
Training & Qualifications:
- Certified Lactation Consultant, UCSD (in progress)
- Certified Childbirth Educator, CAPPA (in progress)
- Certified Birth Doula, DONA International (2019)
- Certified Postpartum Doula, DONA International (2019)
- Certified Lactation Educator Counselor, UCSD (2019)
- Full Spectrum Doula Training, Cornerstone (2019)
- Adopting Trauma Informed Care for Birth Professionals, Jesse Remer & Astrid Castro (2019)
- Doula Tool Kit: Acupressure, Teri Nava-Anderson (2019)
- Doula Tool Kit: Rebozo, Teri Nava-Anderson (2019)
- Newborn Care Specialist Training, Newborn Care Training Academy (2019)
- Trustline Registry, State of California (2019)
- CPR Certified, American Heart Association (2018-current)
The experience of pregnancy, birth & postpartum has evolved over the years, especially in today’s modern era. I believe that the need for caring, sensitive and knowledgeable support during this time is becoming more and more apparent. I believe that everyone deserves doula support and there is a doula for every body. I see every pregnancy and birth as a miracle and as a certified doula, I feel honored to be able to contribute my expertise to those in the Central Valley, Tri-Valley, Bay Area and parts of Sacramento County.
Preparing for Baby
Birth Doula Services
Here for You
Day or Night
"New mothers need to be mothered,
to be nurtured and cared for by a
support network that assists with
physical recovery from birth,
transition into infant care and the
immense psychological leap into a new role."